Getting married? You need a marriage license!
Wedding season is in full swing and many brides and grooms are looking to apply for their marriage license, we do offer them here! There are a few things you need to know before coming in to pick up your license:
- You must come in together, we cannot give you the license to take home and fill out nor can we fill out your sections at different times from each other.
- Bring plenty of ID! A passport or birth certificate can stand alone but a drivers license needs to be backed up with a second form of government issued ID
- Your ID must be current and not expired
- The license takes approximately 20 minutes to fill out
- If you have been divorced or widowed you will need to bring your divorce certificate (not judgement) or death certificate of your former spouse with you
- You will need to know where your parents were born and if they have any middle names
- Marriage licenses cost $100 and can only be paid with cash or debit
- Marriage licenses can be applied for up to three months before the wedding and no closer to the ceremony than 24 hours. The license is valid for three months from the date of purchase
If you have any questions about this process please text or call us at 204-326-3917.
Leave a comment